Paul Sachs, P.C.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
“I studied law in order to help people and solve problems. Practicing law independently allows me to use my skills in a variety of ways. Having my own practice also allows me to work with nonprofits because I believe strongly in helping them assist underserved populations. Practicing law in Steamboat Springs provides a natural, relaxed environment that is unusual in the legal world but surprisingly conducive to problem solving.”
Paul Sachs began his law practice as a clerk for United States District Court Judge, Marvin Katz (Eastern District of Pennsylvania). He then practiced as an associate in the environmental law department of Davis, Graham and Stubbs in Denver. Growing tired of looking at the mountains from his office window, he moved to Steamboat Springs and joined the law firm of Sharp and Barney LLC. There he practiced for five years, principally in the areas of real estate, water, environmental and corporate law.
Paul decided a respite from the legal world was in order and accepted an offer to become the first and only Director of the Yampa Valley Legacy Education Initiative, a non-profit corporation created to foster “place-based” education in Routt, Moffat, and East Grand counties. From this position he transitioned into work with The Orton Family Foundation, a non-profit foundation dedicated to changing the way land use planning is done in this country. In January of 2005, Paul returned to the full-time practice of law and opened the law office of Paul Sachs, P.C.
Current Professional Associations
- Municipal Court Judge for the City of Steamboat Springs since 1994
- Colorado Municipal Judges Association since 1994
- Board Member of Routt County United Way 2005 to 2007
- Board Member of the Yampa Valley Botanic Park Association 2005 to 2007
- Board Member and Secretary of the Emerald Mountain Partnership 2003 to 2007
- Board Member and Vice President of Steamboat Springs Nordic Council 2003 to 2007
- Director of the Steamboat Springs Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K since 1999
- President of the Steamboat Springs Education Fund Educational Excellence Commission 1995 to 2010
- Board Member and Secretary, Rocky Mountain Youth Corps since 2008
- Board Member of Old Town Hot Springs 2014 to 2017
- Co-Director of Run Rabbit Run 50 & 100 Mile Ultramarathons